Monday, November 15, 2010

Underrated

I don't pride myself on my taste in music the way I do with movies or television.  I know I don't care for House music.  Otherwise, I'm pretty open to most genres, but tend to gravitate towards classical, or hip-hop/rap.  I'd say that I'd characterize my iPod as Mozart mixed with Lil Wayne.

When I make decisions about my music purchases, I don't really listen to lyrics, ever.  But, I do seek out new sounds and unique melodies.  I've grown tired of hearing the same Katy Perry song everytime she releases a new single. 

For this reason, I truly love Kid Cudi's music.  His first album Man on the Moon- The End of Day was very reminicent of Kanye's freshman album.  "Soundtrack 2 My Life" and "Pursuit of Happiness" will never grow old to me.

Cudi's sophomore album, Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager came out last week and is equally amazing.  Each song is different from the next.  They mix classical instruments with solid bass lines.  That description is the extent of my musicality.  His songs "Erase Me," "Mojo So Dope," "Revofev," and "Scott Medcudi vs. the World" are by far my favorite tracks, but the entire album is very strong.

Give it a listen.