Wednesday, May 18, 2011

UPDATE: What?

UPDATE: Stanley the Man Baby made waves with his appearence on The National Geographic Channel's "Taboo," so much so that Sen. Tom Coburn, R-OK, is asking the Inspector General to investigate Stanley's tax-payer funded cash flow.  In Coburn's letter he mentions Stanley's ability to determine what attire and actions are appropriate in public, his skilled crafsmanship used to custom-make adult baby furniture, and his thriving internet support group for other adult babies.

When asked to comment on the prospect of getting his social security benefits revoked, Stanley replied by email with the following:
"You wanna test how damn serious I am about leaving this world, screw with my check that pays for this apartment and food. Try it. See how serious I am. I don't care. I have no problem killing myself. Take away the last thing keeping me here, and see what happens. Next time you see me on the news, it will be me in a body bag."

Even more strange than his behavior, is his belief that people would be genuinely upset that he would no longer be a burden on taxpayers.


Airing tomorrow night on the National Geographic channel is "Taboo," a show that follows people with strange habits.  This particular episode focuses on Stanley, and adult baby, and his caregiver Sandra.  Perhaps "Taboo" belongs on TLC, not on a channel linked to a magazine established in1888. 

Neither Stanley or Sandra work, instead they make ends meet by living off of Social Security.  If Republicans need an arguement for entitlement reform, they should just show this four minute clip on the House floor.  I'm sold.