Monday, January 3, 2011

P.S.- I made this...

When I used to have time outside of work, I used to love crafting.  Perhaps this is something that contributes to my “eternal lone gypsy” persona.  I was one of those people who learned how to crochet, but not one of those people who carried it around everywhere as a badge of honor.   I went through a serious decoupage phase.  And I still have necklaces that I made with supplies from AC Moore and an antique shop in town.
The other day I stumbled upon the blog P.S. - I made this… and it has some really fun ideas for do-it-yourself clothing, jewelry and homewares.  Apparently the author go a book deal out of the, and is a favorite of @bergdorfs on Twitter.  My favorites which are all homewares are showcased below.

The first are John Derian-inspired dishes, which can be used to decorate walls, or coffee tables.  They’re made by decoupaging maps onto tin trays, or old dinner dishes.  I think it would be interesting to try this same idea with old antique photos.

The second item I loved was the non-porcelain, porcelain pottery.  It only requires a container, puffy paint and matte spray paint.  It’s very Jonathan Adler.

Lastly there are the metallic luxe home accessories.  Thought the items are from the dollar store, they look so chic when they’re metallic and sitting on top of the coffee table books.