Sunday, January 30, 2011

Worst Dressed

It looks like Natalie Portman is going to win an Academy Award next month.  Tonight she picked up a SAG award for her role in "Black Swan," which is usually a good indication who takes home an Oscar in the acting catagories.

I don't know how qualified I am to have an opinion on couture fashion, but I disliked Portman's dress SO much I had to comment.  Her Golden Globes dress was a silk tent, with a rose applique, and her SAG dress (pictured above) was an extremely clingy Azzaro sheath.  The color was not at all flattering, and it appeared under the bright lights as if you could almost see through her dress.  As she made her way on stage to accept her award it stuck to all the wrong places, especially her sunken in navel.  I'm curious to know if she has a stylist, because it appears as if she chose this dress months before she got pregnant. 

I sincerely hope that if she wins the Oscar for Best Actress that she finds someone who can help her choose a better outfit.