Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top Five in Television


Five Shows that Made TV Worth Watching
Mad Men: Do I really need to go into how great “Mad Men” is?  The death of Mrs. Blankenship and the episode titled “The Suitcase” were my favorites.
The Walking Dead: AMC is the new HBO, investing and developing slow-to-boil dramas.  The six-episode first season wasn’t enough. 
Community: How did I only discover this show halfway through season two?  It’s by far one of the best comedies on television.
Lost:  Almost every question was answered.  So sad to see you go.
Sons of Anarchy: I was quick to judge this show, but Kurt Sutter’s writing in the final episode of Season 3 was phenomenal.

Five TV Shows to look forward to in 2011
Game of Thrones: I’m a major nerd.  I really loved the LOTR trilogy, and this promises to be of that same vein. 
The Walking Dead: Didn’t think it was possible to make a Zombie drama. I’m very much looking forward to the show’s sophomore season.
Big Love: Final season of “Big Love”.  I’m very curious to see what direction the family will go after last season’s finale.  I hope all the wives leave Bill.  
Oprah: It’s Oprah’s last season.  You can’t tell me you’re not curious to see what her final few shows will be like, especially after this year’s double Favorite Things episode.
Breaking Bad: Season 4 should have premiered earlier in 2011 than it’s scheduled to.  Unfortunately Bryan Cranston won’t be eligible for an Emmy this coming year, which should pave the way for Jon Hamm to get his due recognition.